Sunday, December 20, 2009

Thinking alike

Today, I went to visit my friend, Holli, and give her a Christmas present. I'm a photographer, so of course her gift was a picture. Now, when I handed her the picture she chuckled and said something about us thinking alike. I wasn't sure what she was up to, but she went to retrieve her present to me. And guess what it was?! A picture frame! She knows that I take hundreds of pictures, but I do not frame many of them. We laughed at how we thought alike when it came to the other person and it pretty much made my day that we know each other well enough to feel that way. I have never had a friend quite like Holli, and this past semester has brought many new things for the both of us. There have been good times and rough times, but sitting chatting with her today I knew without a doubt that I still could count on her just as much as I ever have. Sometimes it just takes a round-a-bout way from what we've done before.
So, I'm just going to say how grateful I am for the friends I have and all that they do for me. I not only have Holli, but I also have sweet Camille. Camille, who is an angel on earth, has been there for me more times than I can count. There isn't anything that I can't work through once I've talked to Camille about it. She always listens and helps me understand the 'whys' of life. Life isn't as bad as it seems sometimes and family and friends make life so much more bearable.

No comments: