Monday, September 29, 2008

"I'm going to get shot!"

So, my wonderful friend Holli, is the funniest person. During the summer she and I spent a day in Salt Lake just for fun. We were making our way back from the Gateway to Temple Square and we passed two people. Now, I say two people because neither she nor I could figure out which gender they were from their dress and appearance. Scary, I know. Anyway, after we were out of earshot, Holli said something about crazy style. She then paused before scolding herself that she shouldn't say things about other people. She said, "If I keep doing it, one of these days I'm going to get shot!" I, of course, just laughed and told her not to worry. Over the course of the summer, she said the same thing on a couple of different occasions.
Well, the other day, I was sitting in my Criminal Justice class, listening to my professor lecture. He was telling a story about when he lived in Maryland, and his wife, who was expecting, asked him to go down the street to the pharmacy and get her something. Well, as he was telling the story he said that as he walked down the street, late at night, he started to get nervous. And you'll never guess what he said next! "I thought I was going to get shot!" And instantly I could hear Holli saying the exact same thing and I started to laugh in the middle of class. Hence everyone gave me really weird look, since it wasn't a particularly funny story. So I just told them not to mind me. It was pretty embarrassing, but I lived.

No comments: